Intermittent fasting is a craze sweeping the health and fitness world right now, and we're here to tell you that along with Reformation Pilates, this might be exactly what you need to drop those pounds or wake up feeling healthy and refreshed. Giving up food for all those hours may seem like a crazy idea, but there are so many benefits to giving your body a break with intermittent fasting that you simply can't pass up!
Here are the basics of intermittent fasting along with a few ways it can improve your health.
The Basics of Intermittent Fasting
There isn't one right way to do intermittent fasting. Of course, you results will absolutely vary depending on the route you choose to take.
· Fast and Feast Daily - If you want to reap the benefits of intermittent fasting quickly, fasting and then feasting on a regular basis is a good choice. When you do this, you'll fast for a certain number of hours and then consume all of your daily calories in a specific amount of time. Many women benefit from fasting for 14 hours then eating within a 10-hour window.
· Fast a Few Times a Week - A more laid-back way to do intermittent fasting is to choose two days of the week where you'll fast for 24 hours. This means you'll eat all your regular meals every day of the week and on the day you choose to fast, you won't eat for 24 hours after your last meal the night before.
· Fast Randomly - Though not technically considered intermittent fasting, fasting occasionally still has great health benefits and can prepare you for larger fasts. If you want to fast occasionally, just choose to skip a meal one day. If you binged on junk food all day Tuesday, for example, you may choose to skip breakfast the next morning.
There are actually many different types of fasting to consider once you get involved, but the ones listed above are the perfect first steps for anyone considering intermittent fasting.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
Now that you now a little more about intermittent fasting, you might be wondering why we love it so much. Intermittent fasting is amazing for your physical and mental health in many ways.
· It's an effective, healthy way to lose weight.
· It is the perfect way for diabetics and women suffering from PCOS to reduce insulin resistance.
· It reduces inflammation in the body, making it perfect for everyone including those suffering from autoimmune diseases.
· It strengthens and protects your brain.
· It reduces junk food cravings and helps control hunger.
By pairing intermittent fasting with Reformation Pilates, you're on your way to feeling like a new you!